Tuesday, January 13, 2009

It begins....

I love food. Especially food that involves cheese, spices, and tastes best when drunk (or hungover.) I'm also cheap. So the combination of a 5 lb burrito + free food for life is just too much for me to pass up on. Luckily, I have a dear friend who feels the same way, and a local restaurant that promises to deliver on all counts.

First, the friend. Meet the Beer Monster:

She loves PBR, douche-y football teams like the Minnesota Vikings, Coyotes, flair, and will shotgun a beer faster than anyone else on Earth. And, she's pretty.

Next, the restaurant: JacknGrill. Fantastic Mexican food for cheap, located in Denver, CO. Promises to provide free food for life to any woman who can finish the 5 lb breakfast burrito.

The burrito: Description can be found about halfway down the menu page. Here's the burrito, in a larger form, next to a 7 lb. baby:

Completely doable, right??

And finally, me:

I'm kind of a jerk, and have an undying affection for cheap champagne, aviator sunglasses, and inappropriate behavior. I'm also a god damn good time.

So that's the basics. The challenge will tentatively take place this upcoming Sunday, January 18th, but seeing as how the Beer Monster and I are kind of flaky, and functioning semi-alcoholics, odds are good we might not come through. But never fear - we will eat this burrito. And then everything else that restaurant will put in front of us. For the rest of our lives.

Yours for now,
-Rager

No comments:

Post a Comment